JAY – With the town intending to apply for Community Development Block Grant funds next year, businesses interested in benefiting from the program should contact the town office.Jay anticipates filing an application in 2019 with Maine’s CDBG Micro-Enterprise Assistance Grant Program. Up to $150,000 could be available for town businesses through the program, either in the form of grants to create employment opportunities for businesses or for facade improvements. The grant process is competitive, with approximately $700,000 of funds being doled out to $2 million-worth of requests.Jaaron Shaw, the owner of Maine Dojo, previously approached the town about applying through the CDBG program.Currently, town officials anticipate having the Board of Selectpersons review a Letter of Intent for qualifying projects in January. The application is due on Feb. 8.Funds can be used in two ways. The first is to assist small businesses with five or fewer employees, one of whom owns the enterprise. The owner’s income must be low-to-moderate. Alternatively, the business owner must create one full-time equivalent job (based on a $30,000 grant) or two full-time equivalent jobs (based on a $50,000 grant), which must be taken by low-to-moderate income individuals and maintained for a minimum of one year. Businesses applying for these funds must have a business plan not older than 18 months and must have met with a Small Business Development Center business counselor in the 3 months prior to applying for assistance.The second way businesses can access the program is for facade grants. To qualify for facade funds, the business must submit documentation showing that it qualifies as a spot slum/blight area. Estimated cost for funds under this program must be provided by an engineer or architect.Anyone interested in obtaining more information on this program can contact Town Manager Shiloh LaFreniere at 340 Main Street by phone at 897-6785 or by email at [email protected] information on the CDBG program can be found at: https://www.maine.gov/decd/meocd/cdbg/index.shtml.
Tag: 徐家汇 验证 爱上海
Stuff co.nz 13 June 2017Family First Comment: We’ve changed the name of the organization – but will that really make any difference?“The review highlighted poor communication within CYF and with other agencies… It was noted that whilst agencies and individuals considered in this review ‘shared’ concerns, there was less evidence of them sharing responsibility for considering what these concerns could mean and how best to manage a response. The review listed six recommendations for changes at CYF, which was replaced by the Ministry for Vulnerable Children… “The challenge will be getting the number of staff and also the quality of staff,” she said, particularly in their ability to exercise professional judgement “in areas of risk and ambiguity”.A review of Child, Youth and Family has exposed a host of mistakes and oversights in its handling of the case of a toddler who was allegedly murdered in October 2015.The 17-month-old Southland boy was found dead in his cot. An autopsy revealed bruises to the boy’s left eye and the right side of his forehead. He had suffered a blow to the back of the head and spinal injuries.Police charged the partner of the boy’s mother with murder three days later. He died at Otago Corrections Facility – a suspected suicide – on November 22.The man had been arrested for dangerous driving, burglary, assault and car theft several months earlier.He was initially refused bail, because his risk of offending was too high. However, it was eventually granted two weeks before the toddler died. The judge in part cited a Child, Youth and Family (CYF) report that “speaks favourably of [the man] and the steps that he and his partner have taken in relation to their relationship and to her care – until recently – of the children”.“It was a significant tragedy,” Ministry for Vulnerable Children chief executive Grainne Moss said. “There’s no doubt that there was a failing and we need to accept that, own it, and say that we’re going to make it better in the future.”The ministry review found CYF was aware of a long history of parenting, childcare and relationship issues in the toddler’s family, but the information was not properly considered in the weeks before his death.The report CYF provided to the court on the bail application was outside its usual remit, the review said, and failed to account for the risks involved.The review highlighted poor communication within CYF and with other agencies, particularly around the toddler’s hospital stay less than a week before he died and the risks in discharging him back home.“[The boy] had sustained a number of injuries including one of some severity and there remained a lack of clear explanation for these . . . there was a known history of concerns about the adults responsible for his care.“It was noted that whilst agencies and individuals considered in this review ‘shared’ concerns, there was less evidence of them sharing responsibility for considering what these concerns could mean and how best to manage a response.”“Consequently, the purpose and format of the report, and the process for approving the draft report requested of Child, Youth and Family, was ambiguous and unclear . . . In hindsight, the report request should have been queried with the Courts.”The review listed six recommendations for changes at CYF, which was replaced by the Ministry for Vulnerable Children. The ministry released a plan to implement them by 2018.READ MORE: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/93621525/child-youth-and-family-failings-exposed-over-southland-toddlers-death