Tag: 广东深圳蒲君

Rents rise 3.2% year-on-year

first_imgRents rose by 3.2 per cent to an average £926 per month in February compared to the same time last year, the latest figures show.The Countrywide monthly Lettings Index for February has identified a fall in tenants’ negotiating power, with the average home in the UK let for 99.9 per cent of the asking rent, the highest such value since 2007, just before the global economic downturn.This figure is highest in London where the average let was agreed at 100.9 per cent of the asking price while it was lowest in Wales at 98.7 per cent.With demand continuing to heavily outstrip the supply of private rental homes, one in five of those renting in the capital pay more than asked for to secure a property of their choice. This equates to £94 a month over and above the asking rent against a UK average of £44 which, over the course of a typical 17-month tenancy, works out to be an additional £1,578 in rent for the average Londoner.Rental price growth in London has unsurprisingly outstripped all other parts of the country since 2007, with rents 34 per cent above their pre-recession record compared to12 per cent across the UK as a whole.As was the case in 2015, rents are growing at the fastest rate across the South of the UK. The South East saw growth of 5.8 per cent, the South West up 4.8 per cent and Greater London up 4.2 per cent above the UK average.In contrast, the Midlands (1.1 per cent) and the North (3.8 per cent) both saw rents grow more slowly.Johnny Morris (left), Research Director at Countrywide, said, “The combined effect of growing numbers of people renting and a lack of supply has seen tenants’ ability to negotiate diminish. Tenants are having to compete more often and with more people in order to rent the home they want, meaning they need to offer more money in order to push ahead of the crowd.”Meanwhile, the volume of tenants in serious rent arrears dropped in the final quarter of 2015.According to the latest data from Your Move and Reeds Rains, 1,500 households have moved out of serious rent arrears, a 1.5 per cent quarter-on-quarter improvement.There were 82,900 households behind on more than two months’ rent in Q4 2015, down from 84,200 in the third quarter.However, on an annual basis the number of tenants in serious rent arrears remains 19.5 per cent higher than in the corresponding period in 2014.Adrian Gill (right), Director of Your Move and Reeds Rains, said, “Private renting is still absorbing thousands of extra households every month – housing millions more than just a few years ago. As this tenure of housing and this way of living grows, affordability is the issue that goes hand-in-hand with questions of capacity.“An individual tenant is still extremely unlikely to fall into serious rent arrears. In fact the proportion of renters getting seriously behind on payments has dropped considerably over the longer term. But absolute numbers are now going the right way too. With fewer people at risk from more serious consequences of struggling to pay the rent, this is great news.”Lettings index private renting rents rise rent increases lettings rising rents Countrywide research March 16, 2016The NegotiatorWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles Letting agent fined £11,500 over unlicenced rent-to-rent HMO3rd May 2021 BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Home » News » Housing Market » Rents rise 3.2% year-on-year previous nextHousing MarketRents rise 3.2% year-on-yearLatest lettings Index has identified a fall in tenants’ negotiating power when renting a new home.The Negotiator16th March 20160608 Viewslast_img read more

PHOTOS: Victor Wooten Trio Amazes Indianapolis, IN’s The Vogue

first_imgPhoto: Keith Griner On Friday night, November 2nd, world-renowned bass virtuoso Victor Wooten brought his ongoing trio tour to The Vogue in Indianapolis, IN for an evening of music alongside bandmates (drummer Dennis Chambers and saxophonist Bob Franceschini). Wooten, Chambers, and Franceschini are in the midst of an extensive national tour which will keep the trio on the road through the middle of December. The tour coincides with the release of Wooten’s latest album, TRYPNOTYX, in September. “Music is a great way – and a safe way – to teach just about any life principle,” Wooten insists in a press release. “To be in a band, you have to listen to each other. Bands are at their best when every instrument is different, not the same. Everyone takes turns talking. Everyone speaks their voice. A lot of times musicians might ask, ‘What would you like me to play?’ I say, “Listen to the music. The music will tell you exactly what it needs.”INTERVIEW: Victor Wooten Discusses Music As An Art Of ExpressionBelow, check out a beautiful gallery of photos from the performance courtesy of Phierce Photo by Keith Griner; Instagram: @phiercephoto.You can listen to Victor Wooten Trio’s new album,TRYPTONYX, below in its entirety via Spotify:See below for a full list of upcoming Victor Wooten Trio tour dates. For more information, or to purchase tickets to any of the upcoming performances, head to Wooten’s website.Victor Wooten Trio Upcoming Tour Dates:November 3 – Songbird Guitar Museum – Chattanooga, TNNovember 4 – Beachland Ballroom – Cleveland, OHNovember 5 – City Winery – Chicago, ILNovember 7 – Madrid Theater – Kansas City, MONovember 8 – Gothic Theatre – Denver, CONovember 9 – Caribou Room – Nederland, CODecember 8-9 – The Sinclair – Cambridge, MADecember 10 – The Egg – Albany, NYDecember 12 – Brooklyn Bowl – Brooklyn, NYDecember 13 – Towne Crier – Beacon, NYDecember 14 – Anthology – Rochester, NYDecember 15 – Keswick Theatre – Glenside, PADecember 16 – 9:30 Club – Washington, DC[Cover photo via Phierce Photo by Keith G] Load remaining imageslast_img read more

Courts get 18 new judges

first_imgCourts get 18 new judges June 1, 2002 Gary Blankenship Senior Editor Regular News Courts get 18 new judges Senior Editor Florida legislators have approved a budget that adds 18 new circuit judges and support staff and expands the guardian ad litem program, keeping it under the court system for another year.Lawmakers approved the final compromise budget on May 13 that overall raised court spending about three percent. The fiscal year 2002-03 spending plan also did not replace $26 million eliminated by the legislature in a special session last fall that had been set aside to help the constitutionally mandated assumption by the state of more trial court expenses by July 2004. All court employees, including judges, also will get a 2.5-percent pay raise, effective in October.The budget conformed with the legislature’s earlier action in approving the new circuit judges, plus a judicial assistant for each judge. In addition, a law clerk will be added in each of the 11th, 17th, and 20th circuits. Those judges, half of whom will be appointed and half elected, will take office next May. The budget also included funding for an information network to speed state records to judges who need them.Chief Justice Charles Wells expressed satisfaction at the new judges, although it was less than the 34 circuit, 13 county, and two district court of appeal judges certified by the court. It was, however, more than the nine to 12 new circuit judgeships lawmakers were considering authorizing at the end of the regular session in March.“We are very appreciative of the funding provided to us by the legislature, and especially the funding for 18 new judges and an increase in the number of law clerks available to help our judges where they are most needed,” Wells said.Overall, the courts’ total budget was set at around $292 million, according to Deputy State Courts Administrator Lisa Goodner. That’s up from the $280 million originally approved for the 2001-02 fiscal year, and which was cut to $278 million by last fall’s special budget session.Because of annualizing previously approved positions that were funded for only part of a year, the actual amount of new spending is about $9 million, Goodner said. However, that doesn’t include $7.5 million more for the guardian ad litem program, which is expected to be removed from the court system’s oversight next year.“We feel very good that the legislature addressed the priorities we had and advocated,” Goodner said. That included several capital projects, listed below, for appellate courts and $3.3 million for the Integrated Justice Information Initiative.The later project intends to give trial court judges instant access to state databases they need, she said, such as records from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement or the Department of Children and Families.The $7.5 million in new funding for the guardian ad litem program included $3.5 million for contract hiring of attorneys to represent the program, Goodner said. Another $250,000 is for the Office of the State Courts Administrator for operational support and “to continue to plan a transition of the program out of the branch,” she said.The remainder is mostly earmarked for case coordinators and secretarial support, although the exact number of positions being created was still being determined as this issue went to press.Lawmakers looked at moving the guardian ad litem program from the courts to the Office of Elderly Affairs. Court officials said the guardian program is not a critical court function and expressed concern about the appearance of having a judge both appoint a guardian and then review the guardian’s work and reports.But the final budget left the program with the courts for another year, specifying it will be under the supervision of chief circuit judges.Aside from the new judges, court staff, and guardian ad litem jobs, the only other new positions approved for the courts were two positions for drug courts in the Third and Sixth circuits, which replaced cuts made in last fall’s special budget session.An Article V trust fund to pay for local court expenses was abolished by the legislature, without restoring $26 million that was borrowed last fall when the legislature grappled with a $1 billion budget shortfall.The money originally was budgeted for local court expenses, such as jury program, conflict defense attorneys, court reporters, and the like. Gov. Jeb Bush, though, vetoed some of those expenditures, saying the state needed to begin a reserve to deal with the 1998 constitutional amendment mandating the state pick up more trial court expenses from the counties. That must be done by July 2004, and the cost is expected to be $300 to $500 million.In the new budget, the legislature abolished the trust fund the $26 million had been in, and said it would fund any future programs from general revenues.On the approved new capital projects, the Supreme Court got $75,000 for maintenance and $40,000 to improve security. The Second District Court of Appeal got $433,000 to replace air conditioning and $45,000 for exterior building sealant. The Fifth DCA got $52,021 to remove a storage tank, while the Fourth DCA got $30,000 to paint its building. The Second DCA Tampa branch office also was appropriated $295,000 for its plans to occupy new offices at the Stetson College of Law branch being built in Tampa.An attorney ad litem program, run by Barry University and the Ninth Circuit for Osceola and Orange counties and which was cut last fall, had $355,000 of funding restored.The appropriations bill funds the judicial enabling legislation — introduced in the Senate by Sen. Locke Burt, R-Ormond Beach, and in the House by Rep. Dudley Goodlette, R-Naples — passed earlier in the special session by lawmakers. That provides that the Fifth, Ninth, 10th, 11th, and 17th circuits would each get two new circuit judges. The Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, 12th, 13th, 15th, 18th, and 20th circuits would each get one new judge.The bills designated that the new judgeships in the Sixth, Seventh, Ninth, 12th, 13th, 15th, and one each of those created in the Ninth and 17th circuits would be filled by election in November.The new judgeships in the Fifth, 11th, 18th, 20th and one each in the Ninth, 10th and 17th circuits would be appointed by the governor. Under the constitution, those judges would be up for re-election in 2004.last_img read more

CDB approves loan of US4.1 million for Dominica

first_img Share Sharing is caring! Tweet 10 Views   no discussions Sharecenter_img Share LocalNews CDB approves loan of US4.1 million for Dominica by: – March 8, 2012 The Caribbean Development Bank has approved a loan of US $4.1 million for Dominica, geared at reducing risks associated with landslides and flood hazards in the Roseau Valley.Preisdent of the Central Development Bank, Warren Smith.President of the Bank, Warren Smith, told the official signing of the loan on Thursday that this is to be achieved through the Rehabilitation and reconstruction of critical infrastructure in accordance to specified international standards.He said the proposed works will reduce the vulnerability of the project sites and communities through feature adverts weather related events.“The CDB takes very seriously, its role in assisting Dominica. The project which was approved by our board of directors is a good example of the type of assistance that we have been providing to our borrowing members over the years. As the region positions itself to be better able to deal with the consequences of climate change, you will be seeing the type of assistance that we have provided to government on this project, featuring much more heavily in our relationship.”The project he says consists of restored and upgraded infrastructure works comprising of slope stabilization and rehabilitation of 200 meters of road at the interception of St. Aroment and Bath Estate. Slope stabilization and rehabilitation works will also be undertaken on the Laudat road network.Acting prime minister Ambrose George noted that the signing ceremony indicates the rapid response the CBD has given to the needs of Dominica.“Dominica is prone to landslides, whenever these occurrences take place, the longer that we wait is the more expensive that it becomes because it continues to deteriorate,” he said.George also gave government’s commitment to implement the project to the best of its ability.The loan was approved by the Board of Directors of the CDB on Wednesday.Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more

‘Pusher’ falls in drug-bust

first_imgRebalde – resident of the village – was caught after he sold suspected shabu to an undercover officer for P500 around 4 p.m. on May 19, it added. BACOLOD City – He allegedly sold illegal drugs.Arnel Rebalde, 42, was nabbed in a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay Talaban, Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental, a police report showed.  Rebalde was detained in the custodial facility of the Himamaylan City police station, facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002./PNcenter_img When frisked, the suspect yielded two more sachets of suspected illegal drugs.last_img read more

GPL: Lions 2- 1 RTU

first_imgHeart of Lions staged a comeback to defeat ten-man Real Tamale United 2-1 on Saturday in the Glo Premier League.The visitors took a 15th minute lead in Kpando through Abdul Aziz Yusif but once again, they failed to guard their solitary lead.Twenty-four minutes after the opener, the home side drew level when Franklyn Osei scored the equalizer.Both teams ended the first half one goal apiece but RTU had three bookings as Isaac Twumasi, Mohammed Fuseini and Hassan Mohammed all entered referee O.B. Amankwah’s books.After recess, RTU were the worst hit as Hassan picked up a second booking leading to his dismissal in the 63rd minute.And ten minutes after his sending off, Daniel Acquaye scored from the spot after Heart of Lions were awarded a penalty Live updates on Sundaylast_img read more