Tag: 常州 喝茶 你懂

Elmont Home Invasion Trio Tie Up Kids, Use Stun Gun on Man

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Three armed home invasion suspects, two of whom wore UPS uniforms, tasered one of five victims and tied up two children while ransacking an Elmont residence on Friday, Nassau County police said.The trio entered the Emily Avenue home through a side door, walked into a back room and one of the assailants bound the hands of two victims ages 8 and 15 at 7:45 p.m., police said.A second assailant demanded money from two more victims ages 25 and 39, who said they didn’t have any, police said. The third suspect was searching bedrooms while the first and second suspect brought the 25-year-old victim into the basement, where they confronted a 21-year-old victim.When that victim refused demands to turn over his money, one of the attackers used a stun gun on him to his back before stealing his cash, jewelry and cell phone, police said.The trio then fled the scene in an unknown direction. The victims refused medical assistance at the scene.All three suspects were described as black men, with the two wearing UPS uniforms being armed with black handguns, police said. The first was 6-feet, 2-inches tall with a black hooded sweatshirt underneath the uniform.Both the second and third suspects were described as 5-feet, 8-inches tall, 200 pounds and in their 20s. The third suspect was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt and red and green LeBron sneakers.Fourth Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.last_img read more

Remy could return at Old Trafford

first_img Mourinho deployed, out of choice rather than necessity, Andre Schurrle as a ‘false nine’ at United last season and, if Costa and Remy are out, will have only one recognised striker to call on in Didier Drogba. The 36-year-old has only just returned from an ankle problem and scored the first goal of his second Blues spell from the penalty spot against Maribor. Mourinho had declared on Monday that Drogba was not fit to play for 90 minutes, but after featuring for 75 the Ivory Coast striker was content. “I’m happy with the minutes I played against Maribor,” Drogba said. “There was no reaction (for his ankle) so I’m happy. “It was special to score for Chelsea again in my stadium. I always felt lucky when I had the chance to score here, to have that feeling again is great. “It’s a big coincidence scoring my first goal with a penalty after my last for the club was also a penalty in the (2012) Champions League final.” On Sunday’s match, Drogba added: “It is up to the manager to decide.” Remy wanted to take his chance in Costa’s absence. “It’s frustrating, of course, because I had a chance to play because Costa is injured but I am not afraid,” Remy added. “I don’t think it is really bad. We will check and I really hope to play again this weekend. “It is a huge game but every game is tough. Especially this one because it is a big game against a good opponent but I will try to recover as quickly as possible.” Mourinho gave Dominic Solanke his Chelsea debut, aged 17 years and 37 days to make him Chelsea’s youngest Champions League player. The teenager had been poised to come on at Crystal Palace but a late goal meant Drogba was sent on for stoppage time. Solanke told Chelsea TV: “I nearly made it the other day (at Selhurst Park). This was a lot more special at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League. “It’s a great bit of history. It’s amazing, really. I’m just speechless.” As for the possibility of playing at United on Sunday, Solanke added: “You have to be ready. You’ve got to take your opportunity when you get it.” Remy scored the opening goal in Tuesday night’s 6-0 Champions League Group G win over Maribor before departing with a groin injury which saw Mourinho rule him out of the United duel. Chelsea’s first team had a day off on Wednesday, with Mourinho insisting he did not wish to know any injury news until preparations for Old Trafford began in earnest on Thursday. Remy is hopeful of playing in what would be a boost for the Portuguese. The France striker said: “I will see what happens in the next few days. But I am ready for Manchester United, of course. “I got the injury before I scored. I felt a little bit sore. I preferred to keep going and stay on the pitch. I really hope that it is not too bad. “These things happen but the most important thing is we won. I was disappointed when I came off but there is no reason to be afraid. “We must now look forward to the game against Manchester United.” Remy was deputising for Diego Costa, the scorer of nine goals in seven Premier League games who is yet to feature since the international break when, Mourinho says, a hamstring problem was exacerbated on Spain duty. Mourinho has put no timescale on Costa’s return, only saying the £32million signing from Atletico Madrid had “very little” chance of playing at United, but it would not be a surprise were the Blues to be headed by the formidable frontman at Old Trafford. Costa’s hamstrings have been a regular discussion point this season but, following the defeat of Arsenal – admittedly prior to Spain’s matches with Slovakia and Luxembourg – captain John Terry questioned where the reports of an injury had come from and described his team-mate as a handful in training. Press Association Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho may have strike options for Sunday’s trip to Manchester United after all following Loic Remy’s declaration that he hopes to be fit for the Barclays Premier League leaders’ clash at Old Trafford. last_img read more

Chelsea still on course to sign Cahill

first_imgFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas remains confident that his club will finally complete the signing of Gary Cahill.A fee for the England defender, 26, was agreed with Bolton two weeks ago but wrangling over personal terms has delayed the deal.There have been reports the transfer may not go through, but Villas-Boas expects to have the player on board soon.AdChoices广告“We are waiting for final clearance. It could happen soon,” he said.“It should be concluded – that is my information – which is positive for me. I’m pretty confident it will happen.”Related story: Chelsea on verge of sealing Cahill deal (10 January)last_img read more

‘Delta Committed to Hosting Senior African Athletics Championship’

first_imgHe further revealed that the EXCO officially approved the hosting of the 21st edition of the Senior African Athletics Championship, tagged ‘Asaba 2018’ which is scheduled to hold from August 1 to 5, 2018.Ukah observed that the governor had, on rising from the EXCO meeting on Tuesday, took all members of the executive council to inspect ongoing work in the stadium for on-the-spot assessment of the level of work carried out.The governor, while commending the extent of work so far executed, challenged the contractor to increase the tempo of work in order to meet the June deadline for completion of all work on the stadium.Specifically, Governor Okowa advised the contracting firm to engage more hands and consider working outside normal hours by extending working hours to night.According to Ukah, the meeting also approved the Implementation Design and Expenditure Plan for 2018/2019 cycle of job creation programmes – Skill Training Entrepreneur Programme (STEP) and Youth Agricultural Entrepreneur Programme (YAGEP) – as part of the state government’s drive to create wealth.Last week, a total of 745 successful trainees – including 30 physically challenged youths – under the STEP and YAGEP scheme were inducted by the governor, who disclosed that the next, enxpanded cycle of the programme would soon get approval of the state executive council.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Contract approved for additional work on Keshi Stadium in AsabaOmon-Julius Onabu in AsabaIn fulfillment of the pledge of the Delta State government to host the Senior African Athletics Championship, the State Executive Council on Tuesday approved the contract for additional works and variation of the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba.The state’s Commissioner for Information, Mr. Patrick Ukah, speaking after a meeting in Asaba, disclosed that the approval is a follow-up to that given for the completion of the second phase outstanding works in the stadium last month by the state’s EXCO.last_img read more