David Moyes’ side had two bids for the former Arsenal skipper rejected by the Spanish club earlier this summer, while Barca’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta declared at the start of the week that United had given up on trying to sign the Spain international. Fabregas ruled out a move away from the Nou Camp while at the Confederations Cup in June but kept silent after United made their interest in him official, prompting speculation that he was in favour of a transfer. Press Association But speaking in a press conference, the midfielder said: “Triumphing in Barcelona is what I have been hoping for all my life, it’s been my dream since I was a child. “I am very happy at Barcelona and I haven’t spoken to any other club in the last two years.” Fabregas also defended not making a statement on his future in the midst of speculation about United’s interest. “I’ve been relaxed about it the whole time, I didn’t have to clarify anything because the only thing I was thinking about was staying at Barca,” he said. “As I haven’t deceived anyone or hidden anything, I told the club’s press department that I would speak when it was my turn to speak to the press.” And he insisted there was never any truth in the speculation about him wanting a return to the Premier League. “Stories have been invented,” he said. “I don’t know why speculation grew even after Tito (Vilanova, former Barca coach), Zubizarreta, Tata (Gerardo Martino, new Barca coach) and (Barca vice-president Josep) Bartomeu all said they wanted me to stay. “I was never given any sign from the club to make me think they didn’t want me, I have always felt wanted here. I spoke to Bartomeu, the president (Sandro Rosell) in person and Tata also told me he wanted me to stay and there’s been no problem.” Fabregas also denied that he had requested a new contract from the Catalan club and promised to try and improve his performances for Barca next season. “What I have to do is do everything better because I’m at the biggest and most demanding club in the world,” he said. Cesc Fabregas has moved to end speculation about a possible move to Manchester United by insisting he is “very happy” at Barcelona.
Please see a note from Sheriff Gregory Tony below. pic.twitter.com/0Q1BQR8Gia— Sheriff Gregory Tony 2020 (@sherifftony2020) May 3, 2020 Broward County Mayor Dale Holness on Thursday endorsed Gregory Tony for sheriff.Holness said in a statement that Tony, who has served as sheriff since January 2019, “has held bad actors accountable and put together the most diverse command staff we’ve ever seen. Sheriff Tony has truly proven himself more than deserving of the support of our community.”Tony will run against his predecessor Scott Israel, along with retired Broward Sheriff’s Col. Al Pollock, among other candidates in the Democratic primary.Gov. Ron DeSantis appointed Tony last year to replace Israel, whom he suspended over questions regarding Israel’s handling of the 2018 Parkland school shooting.Meanwhile, Tony has faced scrutiny in recent weeks for not disclosing on a 2005 job application with the Coral Springs Police Department that he shot and killed an 18-year-old man in 1993 when he was a teenager.The 41-year-old sheriff, who was ultimately not found guilty of wrongdoing in the shooting, says it was self-defense.He also wrote on the Coral Springs application that he had never used hallucinogens, although he admitted to using LSD in 1995 on a previous application for the Tallahassee Police Department. Tony also excluded from the Coral Springs application that he was at one point accused of passing a bad check as a student at Florida State University. Although that charge was dismissed, Tony ended up writing an apology letter for leaving it off his job application when it turned up in a subsequent background check.The Coral Springs Police Department hired Tony 15 years ago, launching his law enforcement career.Then-Police Chief Duncan Foster recently told the South Florida Sun Suntinel that he would not have hired Tony if the 1993 killing had been disclosed.Tony served with the Coral Springs Police Department until 2016, when he left there to develop a company that specializes in active shooter training. He has dismissed the matter from the killing as a political smear campaign.He said in a statement, “I am honored to receive the endorsement of the mayor for the county I represent.”Last week, the Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, which previously voted “no confidence” in Tony and Israel, endorsed Pollock.
Advertisement b12yhNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs56vjjvWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E3xi( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) dpsWould you ever consider trying this?😱Can your students do this? 🌚4emRoller skating! Powered by Firework Cricket and sledging go hand in hand and this becomes more interesting when the two best teams – India and Australia take on each other. Since Australia are famous for sledging and Indian players faced it many a time, former India payer Gautam Gambhir has recently revealed such kind of incident.Advertisement The incident took place during a Test match between Indian and Australia in Bangalore when former Australia captain Ricky Ponting tried to sledge him while fielding at silly point. He mocked Gambhir on his batting, citing that it had no spark.Advertisement “Ricky Ponting in 2008. When Anil Kumble was the captain, in that series where I got a double hundred. In the 1st test match at Bangalore, he said that I had not sent the world on fire while I was batting and he was fielding at silly point,” Gautam Gambhir told on Stars Sports show ‘Cricket Connected’.However, Gautam Gambhir is known for his straight forward comments – be it on Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni’s cricketing career or the current situation in the country. He revealed how he shut Ricky Ponting down with his reply by reminding him of his poor show in India. Ponting failed to impress against India. In 14 Tests matches, he had an average of 26.48 and managed only 1 out his 41 Test century in India as well.Advertisement “And I said ‘Neither have you to be honest in India. You have been a bunny’. And his record says that as well that he has been a bunny in India.” Gambhir added.Gautam Gambhir, on the other hand, had topped scored with 463 runs from 3 matches and also smashed a double hundred. He also spoke about his banter with former all-rounder Shane Watson during the same series. In the 3rd Test match in Delhi Gambhir elbowed Watson while taking a run after a verbal altercation.After that incident, Gambhir pleaded guilty to a charge of not conducting play “within the spirit of the game as well as within the laws of cricket” and he was banned for a Test match also. However, Gambhir has revealed that it wasn’t intentional and he agreed to admit it on the suggestion of the then-coach Gary Kirsten.“Shane Watson! And the reason is I didn’t do that intentionally. Actually, I got banned after that game. A lot of people say that I elbowed him, but I didn’t do that purposely. When I was going for the hearing to the match, Gary Kirsten told me to accept it as it is Chris Broad. He will give you the extra sympathy and he is not going to ban you. I went inside with Gary Kirsten and he asked if you accept your mistake. I said ‘Yes’ and he said you are banned,” Gautam Gambhir concluded.If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also, follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comALSO READ:BCCI clarifies its stance on Asia Cup and IPL 2020Steve Smith reveals why IPL is the ‘best tournament’ he’s been a part of! Advertisement