During New Orleans Jazz Fest season, guitarist Warren Haynes and bassist Don Was hosted an all-star tribute in honor of The Last Waltz’s 40th anniversary. The final album by The Band is one of the most beloved performances of all time, and it’s no surprise that the tribute was incredibly well received. Now, in honor of the album’s 40th, an all-star collection of musicians will take this tribute on the road.Haynes and Was will be joined by John Medeski, Jamey Johnson, Terence Higgins, Michael McDonald and more for the tour, and original horn scores composed by Allen Toussaint will also be used. More special guests will soon be announced.“The Last Waltz is one of the greatest rock music moments in history,” Haynes tells Rolling Stone. “When we did it in New Orleans, it was so much fun. We were able to honor what came before and still come up with a different take on the original with a very unique blend of musical personalities.” The show originally took place on November 25th, 1976 in San Francisco, and has come to be recognized as one of the greatest performances of all time. Musicians like Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Dr. John, Van Morrison, Ringo Starr and more joined up with The Band for their final performance.The newly announced tour runs from January 21st through February 4th. You can check out the tour schedule below, and head here for details.The Last Waltz 40 Tour DatesJanuary 21 – Hollywood, FL @ Hard Rock CasinoJanuary 23 – Clearwater, FL @ Ruth Eckerd HallJanuary 24 – Atlanta, GA @ Woodruff Arts CenterJanuary 25 – Nashville, TN @ Ryman AuditoriumJanuary 27 – Red Bank, NJ @ Count Basie Theatre (Jamey Johnson not scheduled to appear)January 28 – Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre (Jamey Johnson not scheduled to appear)January 29 – Philadelphia, PA @ Verizon Hall/Kimmel CenterJanuary 31 – Toronto Canada @ Sony CentreFebruary 2 – Albany, NY @ Palace TheatreFebruary 3 – Westbury, NY @ Theatre at WestburyFebruary 4 – Washington DC @ The Theater at MGM National Harbor
Published on April 20, 2020 at 1:17 pm Contact Andrew: [email protected] | @CraneAndrew Facebook Twitter Google+ Short-stick defensive midfielder Peter Dearth became the third graduating men’s lacrosse senior to use the NCAA’s extra year of eligibility on Monday afternoon, joining faceoff specialist Danny Varello and goalie Drake Porter.“It has been my dream to win a national championship at Syracuse since I first picked up a stick,” Dearth’s return announcement read, in part. “Having that opportunity taken away in my senior year, when our team felt unstoppable, was heartbreaking.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textIn four games during the 2020 season, Dearth scooped 11 ground balls and scored twice for the Orange — including their first goal of the season against Colgate on Feb. 7. He missed what turned out to be SU’s final game against Johns Hopkins with an injury.Dearth was one of nine Syracuse players selected as Inside Lacrosse All-Americans for 2020 and earned honorable mention status last year as a junior. Over his Syracuse career, he’s tallied 19 points and 73 ground balls, and in 2021 will once again work with current freshman Brandon Aviles and redshirt sophomore Dami Oladunmoye at the short-stick spot — one Dearth switched to midway through his sophomore season.“This team is ready to bring a championship back to upstate,” Dearth said. Comments
The news was confirmed this morning and comes just days after an Irish selection came third in a competition in China.The “Hibernia Ireland” side will be based in the Basketball Arena in Tallaght .UCD Marians Conor Meaney – who was part of the Irish side in China – says the latest step is a good one for the sport.