BUFFALO — A Jamestown felon is facing a charge of possessing ammunition.Walter S. Duprey, also known as Spoons, or Waldo, 36, of Jamestown, was charged by criminal complaint with being a felon in possession of ammunition, according to U. S. Attorney James P. Kennedy, Jr.The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. U.S. Attorney James P. Kennedy, Jr.Assistant U.S. Attorney Meghan A. Tokash, who is handling the case, stated that according to the complaint, on April 30, Duprey and two other individuals were pulled over in a vehicle by Jamestown Police Officers. During the traffic stop, it was determined that the license plates on the vehicle actually belonged to another vehicle. In addition, officers observed three hypodermic needles in the driver side door panel in plain view. After stepping out of the vehicle at the request of officers, Duprey was patted down for weapons. Officers retrieved a green leafy substance from the defendant’s pocket, along with a 12 gauge shotshell.A search of the vehicle recovered a 12 gauge shotgun, ammunition, several digital scales, a red ski mask, a quantity of heroin, several cell phones, two laptop computers, an I-Pad, a bag containing flashlights, a paintball mask, and black duct tape. As a result, officers believed that the defendant and the two other individuals either had conducted an armed home invasion or were about to conduct an armed home invasion.Duprey was convicted in 2005, 2006, and 2012 of felony charges in Dunkirk City Court, and as a result is legally prohibited from possessing ammunition. The complaint is the result of an investigation by the Jamestown Police Department, under the direction of Acting Chief Timothy Jackson, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, under the direction of Special Agent-in-Charge Stephen Belongia. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Mourinho deployed, out of choice rather than necessity, Andre Schurrle as a ‘false nine’ at United last season and, if Costa and Remy are out, will have only one recognised striker to call on in Didier Drogba. The 36-year-old has only just returned from an ankle problem and scored the first goal of his second Blues spell from the penalty spot against Maribor. Mourinho had declared on Monday that Drogba was not fit to play for 90 minutes, but after featuring for 75 the Ivory Coast striker was content. “I’m happy with the minutes I played against Maribor,” Drogba said. “There was no reaction (for his ankle) so I’m happy. “It was special to score for Chelsea again in my stadium. I always felt lucky when I had the chance to score here, to have that feeling again is great. “It’s a big coincidence scoring my first goal with a penalty after my last for the club was also a penalty in the (2012) Champions League final.” On Sunday’s match, Drogba added: “It is up to the manager to decide.” Remy wanted to take his chance in Costa’s absence. “It’s frustrating, of course, because I had a chance to play because Costa is injured but I am not afraid,” Remy added. “I don’t think it is really bad. We will check and I really hope to play again this weekend. “It is a huge game but every game is tough. Especially this one because it is a big game against a good opponent but I will try to recover as quickly as possible.” Mourinho gave Dominic Solanke his Chelsea debut, aged 17 years and 37 days to make him Chelsea’s youngest Champions League player. The teenager had been poised to come on at Crystal Palace but a late goal meant Drogba was sent on for stoppage time. Solanke told Chelsea TV: “I nearly made it the other day (at Selhurst Park). This was a lot more special at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League. “It’s a great bit of history. It’s amazing, really. I’m just speechless.” As for the possibility of playing at United on Sunday, Solanke added: “You have to be ready. You’ve got to take your opportunity when you get it.” Remy scored the opening goal in Tuesday night’s 6-0 Champions League Group G win over Maribor before departing with a groin injury which saw Mourinho rule him out of the United duel. Chelsea’s first team had a day off on Wednesday, with Mourinho insisting he did not wish to know any injury news until preparations for Old Trafford began in earnest on Thursday. Remy is hopeful of playing in what would be a boost for the Portuguese. The France striker said: “I will see what happens in the next few days. But I am ready for Manchester United, of course. “I got the injury before I scored. I felt a little bit sore. I preferred to keep going and stay on the pitch. I really hope that it is not too bad. “These things happen but the most important thing is we won. I was disappointed when I came off but there is no reason to be afraid. “We must now look forward to the game against Manchester United.” Remy was deputising for Diego Costa, the scorer of nine goals in seven Premier League games who is yet to feature since the international break when, Mourinho says, a hamstring problem was exacerbated on Spain duty. Mourinho has put no timescale on Costa’s return, only saying the £32million signing from Atletico Madrid had “very little” chance of playing at United, but it would not be a surprise were the Blues to be headed by the formidable frontman at Old Trafford. Costa’s hamstrings have been a regular discussion point this season but, following the defeat of Arsenal – admittedly prior to Spain’s matches with Slovakia and Luxembourg – captain John Terry questioned where the reports of an injury had come from and described his team-mate as a handful in training. Press Association Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho may have strike options for Sunday’s trip to Manchester United after all following Loic Remy’s declaration that he hopes to be fit for the Barclays Premier League leaders’ clash at Old Trafford.