BUFFALO — A Jamestown felon is facing a charge of possessing ammunition.Walter S. Duprey, also known as Spoons, or Waldo, 36, of Jamestown, was charged by criminal complaint with being a felon in possession of ammunition, according to U. S. Attorney James P. Kennedy, Jr.The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. U.S. Attorney James P. Kennedy, Jr.Assistant U.S. Attorney Meghan A. Tokash, who is handling the case, stated that according to the complaint, on April 30, Duprey and two other individuals were pulled over in a vehicle by Jamestown Police Officers. During the traffic stop, it was determined that the license plates on the vehicle actually belonged to another vehicle. In addition, officers observed three hypodermic needles in the driver side door panel in plain view. After stepping out of the vehicle at the request of officers, Duprey was patted down for weapons. Officers retrieved a green leafy substance from the defendant’s pocket, along with a 12 gauge shotshell.A search of the vehicle recovered a 12 gauge shotgun, ammunition, several digital scales, a red ski mask, a quantity of heroin, several cell phones, two laptop computers, an I-Pad, a bag containing flashlights, a paintball mask, and black duct tape. As a result, officers believed that the defendant and the two other individuals either had conducted an armed home invasion or were about to conduct an armed home invasion.Duprey was convicted in 2005, 2006, and 2012 of felony charges in Dunkirk City Court, and as a result is legally prohibited from possessing ammunition. The complaint is the result of an investigation by the Jamestown Police Department, under the direction of Acting Chief Timothy Jackson, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, under the direction of Special Agent-in-Charge Stephen Belongia. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Chrissy Metz(Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images) View Comments Here’s a quick roundup of stories you may have missed today.Chrissy Metz Tapped for Fat Pig Benefit ReadingChrissy Metz, who received a Golden Globe nomination for her breakout performance in This Is Us, will headline a benefit reading of Neil LaBute’s Fat Pig for MCC Theater. The one-night-only event, which will feature a new ending from the playwright, is set for March 5 at the Lucille Lortel Theatre. Additional casting will be announced at a later date. MCC presented the world premiere of the play, about a young professional and a plus-sized librarian navigating their relationship amidst ostracization from their friends, in 2004.More Details for Supergirl / The Flash Musical EpisodesMark your calendars for singing superheroes. The previously announced two-part musical crossover between Supergirl and The Flash will premiere on March 20 and 21, respectively. The two series from The CW feature several musical theater and screen favorites who have been confirmed to lend their pipes, including its stars Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin (both Glee alums), Jeremy Jordan, Jesse L. Martin, Victor Garber, Carlos Valdes and John Barrowman.Idina Menzel Still Wants to Be GreenBlazing supernova Idina Menzel and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star Rachel Bloom stopped by the Watch What Happens Live Clubhouse on January 19 to chat with Andy Cohen. Conversation topics included the upcoming Beaches remake, stalking exes online and in coffee shops, and who Idina Menzel would cast as Elphaba in the Wicked movie. When Kristin Chenoweth stopped by in October, she said she’d love to see Beth Behrs take on the role of Glinda. But Menzel’s not ready to give up the green yet, (probably) joking that despite being told she’s too old, she’s still actively campaigning to defy gravity on the big screen. Watch her throw her own name in below. Pinocchio Musical Set for U.K. PremiereHe’s got no strings holding him down. A stage adaptation of Pinocchio, featuring songs from the Disney animated film, is slated to hit the National Theatre stage this holiday season. The show, to be helmed by Harry Potter and the Cursed Child director John Tiffany, was first announced in 2015; at the time, the Disney Theatrical and National Theatre collaboration was eyeing a premiere around Christmas 2016. The Daily Mail now reports that Dennis Kelly, who won a Tony for writing the book of Matilda, has been brought on to pen the script, taking over for Once scribe Enda Walsh. An official announcement regarding the National Theatre’s 2017 programming is set for January 27.Complete Cast Set for London’s The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?In more London news, the cast is now complete for the West End revival of Edward Albee’s The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?. Joining the previously announced Damian Lewis and Sophie Okonedo will be Jason Hughes (BBC’s This Life) as Ross and newcomer Archie Madekwe as Billy. The Ian Rickson-helmed production will run from March 24 through June 24 at the Theatre Royal Haymarket. Opening night is set for April 5.
David Moyes’ side had two bids for the former Arsenal skipper rejected by the Spanish club earlier this summer, while Barca’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta declared at the start of the week that United had given up on trying to sign the Spain international. Fabregas ruled out a move away from the Nou Camp while at the Confederations Cup in June but kept silent after United made their interest in him official, prompting speculation that he was in favour of a transfer. Press Association But speaking in a press conference, the midfielder said: “Triumphing in Barcelona is what I have been hoping for all my life, it’s been my dream since I was a child. “I am very happy at Barcelona and I haven’t spoken to any other club in the last two years.” Fabregas also defended not making a statement on his future in the midst of speculation about United’s interest. “I’ve been relaxed about it the whole time, I didn’t have to clarify anything because the only thing I was thinking about was staying at Barca,” he said. “As I haven’t deceived anyone or hidden anything, I told the club’s press department that I would speak when it was my turn to speak to the press.” And he insisted there was never any truth in the speculation about him wanting a return to the Premier League. “Stories have been invented,” he said. “I don’t know why speculation grew even after Tito (Vilanova, former Barca coach), Zubizarreta, Tata (Gerardo Martino, new Barca coach) and (Barca vice-president Josep) Bartomeu all said they wanted me to stay. “I was never given any sign from the club to make me think they didn’t want me, I have always felt wanted here. I spoke to Bartomeu, the president (Sandro Rosell) in person and Tata also told me he wanted me to stay and there’s been no problem.” Fabregas also denied that he had requested a new contract from the Catalan club and promised to try and improve his performances for Barca next season. “What I have to do is do everything better because I’m at the biggest and most demanding club in the world,” he said. Cesc Fabregas has moved to end speculation about a possible move to Manchester United by insisting he is “very happy” at Barcelona.