Tag: 上海闵行北桥贴吧

Odds & Ends: This Is Us Star Chrissy Metz Set for Fat Pig Reading & More

first_imgChrissy Metz(Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images) View Comments Here’s a quick roundup of stories you may have missed today.Chrissy Metz Tapped for Fat Pig Benefit ReadingChrissy Metz, who received a Golden Globe nomination for her breakout performance in This Is Us, will headline a benefit reading of Neil LaBute’s Fat Pig for MCC Theater. The one-night-only event, which will feature a new ending from the playwright, is set for March 5 at the Lucille Lortel Theatre. Additional casting will be announced at a later date. MCC presented the world premiere of the play, about a young professional and a plus-sized librarian navigating their relationship amidst ostracization from their friends, in 2004.More Details for Supergirl / The Flash Musical EpisodesMark your calendars for singing superheroes. The previously announced two-part musical crossover between Supergirl and The Flash will premiere on March 20 and 21, respectively. The two series from The CW feature several musical theater and screen favorites who have been confirmed to lend their pipes, including its stars Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin (both Glee alums), Jeremy Jordan, Jesse L. Martin, Victor Garber, Carlos Valdes and John Barrowman.Idina Menzel Still Wants to Be GreenBlazing supernova Idina Menzel and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star Rachel Bloom stopped by the Watch What Happens Live Clubhouse on January 19 to chat with Andy Cohen. Conversation topics included the upcoming Beaches remake, stalking exes online and in coffee shops, and who Idina Menzel would cast as Elphaba in the Wicked movie. When Kristin Chenoweth stopped by in October, she said she’d love to see Beth Behrs take on the role of Glinda. But Menzel’s not ready to give up the green yet, (probably) joking that despite being told she’s too old, she’s still actively campaigning to defy gravity on the big screen. Watch her throw her own name in below.center_img Pinocchio Musical Set for U.K. PremiereHe’s got no strings holding him down. A stage adaptation of Pinocchio, featuring songs from the Disney animated film, is slated to hit the National Theatre stage this holiday season. The show, to be helmed by Harry Potter and the Cursed Child director John Tiffany, was first announced in 2015; at the time, the Disney Theatrical and National Theatre collaboration was eyeing a premiere around Christmas 2016. The Daily Mail now reports that Dennis Kelly, who won a Tony for writing the book of Matilda, has been brought on to pen the script, taking over for Once scribe Enda Walsh. An official announcement regarding the National Theatre’s 2017 programming is set for January 27.Complete Cast Set for London’s The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?In more London news, the cast is now complete for the West End revival of Edward Albee’s The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?. Joining the previously announced Damian Lewis and Sophie Okonedo will be Jason Hughes (BBC’s This Life) as Ross and newcomer Archie Madekwe as Billy. The Ian Rickson-helmed production will run from March 24 through June 24 at the Theatre Royal Haymarket. Opening night is set for April 5.last_img read more

State designates Mack environmental partner

first_imgMack Group,Mack Molding’s Northern Operations, with three manufacturing facilities in Arlington and Cavendish, has been named an Environmental Partner by the state of Vermont. To be selected, a business must meet eight standards, all of which are geared toward waste management, pollution prevention and energy efficiency.In addition to participating in an environmental assessment by the Vermont Small Business Development Center, Mack has:â ¢ eliminated process water discharge at the East Arlington facilityâ ¢ significantly reduced electrical usage by replacing 2,100 lightingfixtures with high intensity fluorescent fixturesâ ¢ installed new high efficiency air compressors in two facilitiesâ ¢ reuses or recycles 920,000 lbs of plastic resin per yearâ ¢ recycles 98,500 lbs of sheet metal per yearâ ¢ recycles 45,000 lbs of cardboard per yearâ ¢ purchases cleaning/maintenance products with post consumer recycledcontentâ ¢ reduced fuel oil consumption at the Cavendish facility by 51% over theprevious year.In addition, Mack participates annually in a number of environmental training programs and other pollution prevention best management practices.The Vermont Business Environmental Partnership is a joint effort between the Department of Environmental Conservation and the Vermont Small Business Development Center. Vermont businesses selected for the Partnership use pollution prevention strategies and best practices to go beyond compliance with existing environmental regulations.About Mack MoldingMack Molding is a leading custom plastics molder and supplier of contract manufacturing services. Mack specializes in plastics design, prototyping, molding, sheet metal fabrication, and medical device manufacturing. Founded in 1920, Mack is a privately owned business that operates 10 facilities throughout the world. Don Kendall is president and CEO. For more information, go to www.mack.com(link is external).Source: ARLINGTON, Vt. (10/18/10) ‘ Mack Molding# # # # #last_img read more

Clear and free: Wuhan evacuees head home from Natuna quarantine

first_imgGiven a clear bill of health, the 237 citizens and one American spouse of an Indonesian national from Wuhan and other cities in China were finally released on Saturday from a 14-day quarantine in Natuna, Riau Islands.Forty-two members of the evacuation team and five Indonesian Embassy staffers from Beijing who assisted the operation were also released from quarantine on Saturday.All 285 people have been declared healthy after testing negative for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The government evacuated 243 people — comprising 237 Indonesian nationals, a foreigner and five embassy staffers — on Feb. 2 from Wuhan, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, as well as other cities in Hubei province following the emergence of the novel coronavirus. The evacuees, the evacuation team and all support staff were airlifted to Hang Nadim Airport in Batam, and then immediately transported to Natuna Island for quarantining.Read also: Finally going home: Wuhan evacuees in Natuna to be released from quarantine on SaturdayJoint Defense Area Command I (Kogabwilhan I) commander Rear Adm. Yudo Margono, who led the humanitarian mission, said all evacuees, as well as the evacuation team and embassy officials involved in the effort, had been released and were heading back to their hometowns.“The Health Minister [Terawan Agus Putranto] will accompany the people flying to Jakarta, while I am staying here to meet with the local residents, as President [Joko Widodo] has ordered,” Coordinating Human Development and Culture Minister Muhadjir Effendy said in Natuna on Saturday. Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto (second left) congratulates the crowd of people newly released from quarantine on Feb. 15, 2020 at Raden Sadjad Air Base in Natuna, Riau Islands. All evacuees, the evacuation team and support staff were declared free of coronavirus infection and departed the island on Saturday, where they had been quarantined since Feb. 2. (Antara/Muhammad Adimaja)The evacuees boarded two Boeing planes and a Hercules aircraft operated by the Indonesian Air Force and were flown to Halim Perdanakusuma Air Base in Jakarta. The first flight took off from Natuna at 1:20 p.m., and the third and final flight departed at 2 p.m. All three flights had arrived in Jakarta by 3:46 p.m. on Saturday.National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) head Doni Monardo said that the evacuees were each provided Rp 1 million (US$73.07) in travel allowance as well as plane tickets to their hometowns.Many were welcomed home by local officials, including East Kalimantan Governor Isran Noor, who flew out to Jakarta to escort evacuees from the province on the last leg of their journey.“The most important thing is that they can return home safely,” said Doni.Health minister Terawan said the evacuees were also given a letter that declared they had tested negative for COVID-19. The health agencies in their place of origin would continue to monitor the evacuees after they had returned home.“The surveillance is our responsibility. If they get sick after they have returned to their hometowns, we can [examine] them immediately to see if they are infected with the coronavirus,” he said.The World Health Organization (WHO) Representative to Indonesia, Navaratnasamy Paranietharan, congratulated Indonesia on the evacuation as a “smart move” and for keeping the evacuees “safe for 14 days”.Paranietharan also said that the evacuees could freely mingle in their communities once they got home. “They’re perfectly fine; there’s no need to worry about them,” he said during a ceremony marking the evacuees’ release in Natuna.A soldier of the Joint Defense Area Command I (Kogabwilhan I) pats a child on the head on Feb. 15, 2020 at Raden Sadjad Airbase in Natuna, Riau Islands. All evacuees from Wuhan, China, were given a clear bill of health and left the air base hangar where they had been quarantined since Feb. 2. (Antara/Muhammad Adimaja)The government initially planned to evacuate 245 people from Hubei, but four people decided to remain in China. Three others were sick at the time of departure, and did not have clearance from the Chinese government to leave the country.Terawan said the government was still awaiting information from the WHO regarding the global emergency before making furthers decisions on the Indonesian citizens who remained in China.Most of the evacuees were Indonesian students who were studying at universities in Hubei province.Read also: Social media users laud Batik Air for evacuating Indonesians from virus-hit WuhanCoordinating minister Muhadjir said the government was mulling future options for the students who had been studying in China on a scholarship, such as resuming their studies after the outbreak had ended or transferring their academic credit to Indonesian universities.“The most important thing is that these people returned to Indonesia first. As for their study programs, we will decide [the matter] later under my coordination,” he said.Yudo said that the military personnel assigned to the operation would be dismissed and resume their regular duties on Monday, while the hangar used for the quarantine would return to its normal function.“All equipment used during the [quarantine period] will be disinfected,” he stressed. (kuk/vla)Topics :last_img read more